Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Upcoming Birthday

Those of you related to me (most of you) or who I hang out with on a regular basis (I'm guessing the rest of you), may have been wondering where my mile-long list of birthday requests has been. After all, it's a mere 22 days until that day when Mom finally got to see me and scold me for being, oh, three weeks late. Anyways. Mom's already ordered my present from her, so she's all set. But what about the rest of you? What will you give me? I have a few humble suggestions (none of which are a car, house, or David Tennant. That said, if you give me David Tennant for my birthday you are the awesomest person EVER). The list starts and the rambling ends...NOW! 1. Buffy Staked Edward t-shirt. Because really? She totally would have. 2. Stop Kitten Poker tank top. This is a concern of mine and my boobs are willing to advertise that fact. 3. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal! t-shirt. Perhaps one of the greatest lines ever uttered in a TV show. Best served with plastic dinosaurs. 4. Huge Tracts of Land t-shirt. I know of at least three pervy guy friends who are now fighting over the chance to adorn me with this t-shirt. 5. You never forget your first Doctor t-shirt. Ah, Eccleston. You were FANTASTIC! 6. A few words from Spike. You are picturing this framed and up on a wall somewhere, aren't you? Is it just me? This really belongs in my kitchen, I promise. Or above the computer. Maybe I need two? 7. Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. Great book, interesting TV show (of the episodes I've seen), but where Gaiman shines is in the graphic novel format and so I must acquire this. You can acquire this at Borders, if Amazon is too fancy for you. 8 (which really wanted to be 9 but I resisted). Buffy: Omnibus 2. I have the first omnibus and I want another. Is that too much to ask? Probably, considering all the other crap I have listed. All the same, feed the Buffy/comics addiction. It's fun! 9 (YES I AM AT 9 AND MY FINGERS ARE HAPPY). Bones: Season 3. Oh David Boreanz, I must have some quality Boreanz staring time. Plus, I never quite saw all these episodes. Help me out! 10. Socks From the Toe Up. You didn't really think I was going to put together a birthday list that had nothing fibery whatsoever in it, did you? How cute. 11. Royals tickets. You know, they don't entirely suck this year. I think I should reward them with my presence. Buy two tickets and take me to the game! Sunday games are the best, with buck night Fridays running a close second. 12. Stand mixer. I have so much fun baking and yet I do not have a stand mixer. Do you know how annoying it is to try to cream butter and sugar by hand or with a handheld mixer? I am far too clumsy for that! I have seriously dropped my mixing bowl before. Save me! 13. Gift cards are always a lovely and popular choice. Mademoiselle enjoys visits to such fine establishments as Borders, Barnes and Noble, MicroCenter, Lane Bryant, Yarn Shop and More, The Studio and Amazon.com.

No comments: